The rail spur from Athens to Lula was completed in 1874 for the North Eastern Railroad. Civil engineers Joel Hurt and his brother Fletcher named the town in honor of Miss Lula Phinizy, later Mrs. Abner W. Calhoun, whom they both admired. This small North Georgia town is located in both Hall and Banks counties. It was incorporated in 1876, has a population of 1,543 and has a total area of 2.8 square miles.
Rafe Banks Park offers a variety of activities for sports lovers. Stop at the Command Center at North Georgia Canopy Tours and spend the day zipping through the trees. While at NGCT, you can play disc golf or spend the night in a Teepee.
While in Lula, visit Crocker Pottery and the Georgia Folk Pottery Center, and Blind Suzie Bridge, also known as the Lula Bridge. Plan to visit in May when the annual RailRoad Days festival is held.
Visitor Information Center
6055 Main Street
Lula, GA 30554
5290 Harris RdView on Map
770-869-7272Zip through the trees 1 hour north of Atlanta at North Georgia Canopy Tours™! Two certified guides lead eight participants on the Sky Bridge Tour (2 hour) and Adventure... Find Out More
The dining information on this page is supplied by the Georgia Restaurant Association.