Welcome to Waco...Small Town, Big Horizons!
The town of Waco was originally known as Dean and was a small town of about 150 residents. Its name was later changed to Wacoville, and in 1885 it was chartered and the name was changed to Waco. Waco was formerly known for its cotton and lumber shipments, local millwork and its schools. Today, Waco is known as the home of the popular West Central Technical School.
Waco is home to a Fall Festival the second Saturday each September, Haralson County Chamber of Commerce and Development Authority, West Georgia Technical College, and Jellystone Leisure RV Park.
Visitor Information Center
85 Atlantic Avenue
Waco, GA 30182
North West GAView on Map
770-630-8946Eleven towns in northwest Georgia are beginning quilt trails: Powder Springs, Hiram, Dallas, Buchanan, Bremen, Tallapoosa, Bowdon, Roopville, Ephesus, Centralhatchee... Find Out More