Montgomery County Historic Village at Brewton-Parker College
Mount Vernon, GA 30445
912-583-2241 | 800-342-1087
The Montgomery County Historic Village features two antebellum log houses located on land owned by Brewton-Parker College in Mount Vernon, Georgia.
The Cooper-Conner House is considered the oldest house in Montgomery County. It was originally built by slave labor on Old River Road by the Dead River in 1779 for Richard Cooper. Cooper was a Revolutionary soldier and was buried in the Dead River Cemetery in 1821. The Cooper-Conner House was moved to the Brewton-Parker College campus, and restored with handmade nails, wooden pegs, and hewn with hand axes.
Info & Amenities