Johnson County Courthouse

Wrightsville
Classic South

Johnson County Courthouse

Johnson County Courthouse

Courthouse Square
Wrightsville, GA 31096

478-864-3388

Website

On the public square in the center of Wrightsville stands the Johnson County Courthouse, the first Georgia courthouse to be designed by James W. Golucke, who eventually designed twenty-five others in the state. It was built in 1895 and as part of a 1938 remodeling, the original central clock tower was removed and replaced with a shorter Colonial Revival version. The building was restored in 1996. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Close

Johnson County Courthouse Photos