In 1539, the Spanish explorer Hernando Desoto explored the lush pine forests of southwest Georgia through the winding Ochlockonee River. The river begins in Worth County and flows approximately 150 miles toward the Gulf of Mexico, crossing the Georgia/Florida line in Grady County. There are two boat ramps on the river in Grady County south of Cairo at GA Highway 93 S and at Hadley Ferry Road.
Admission & Fees
Boat Launch, Free Parking, Parking on Site
Suitable for Ages