Lumber City, GA 31549
The Ocmulgee River is known for its unspoiled and gentle currents. The World Record Largemouth Bass was caught in an oxbow on the Ocmulgee River in 1932 by George Perry. Along the Ocmulgee River are several prehistoric sites of Native American villages and Spanish explorer sites.
These waters are known for a truly amazing experience in canoeing, kayaking, fishing and camping.
The boat ramps in Telfair County along the river are:
1. Lumber City Boat Ramp located just off US Hwy 341 in Lumber City
2. McRae's Landing located own Hwy 117 (East River Road) about 3 miles west of Lumber City.
3. Staves Landing located just off of Hwy 117 (East River Road) about 10 miles west of Lumber City or 10 miles East of Jacksonville.
4. Jacksonville Landing located just off of US Hwy 441 in Jacksonville, Ga.
5. Hinson's Landing located on Hinson's Landing Rd off Hwy 221 north of Hazlehurst, Ga.A
6. Towns Bluff Landing located on Hwy 221 north of Hazlehurst.
Info & Amenities
Hours of Operation
Sunday: All Day
Monday: All Day
Tuesday: All Day
Wednesday: All Day
Thursday: All Day
Friday: All Day
Saturday: All Day
Boat Launch, Free Parking, Guided Tours / Guide Available
Family-friendly, Free Admission , Open Year 'Round
Canoe / Kayak
Suitable for Ages
Three Rivers BBQ Fest
05/05/2017 - 05/06/2017
Join us for a professional BBQ competition held the first weekend in May on the banks of the Altamaha River. The contest is sanctioned by the Georgia Barbecue Association. We hope to see you there!read more
Three Rivers Festival
05/06/2017 - 05/06/2017
Join us for the Three Rivers Festival at Towns Bluff, held at the Towns Bluff Heritage Center on the historic Altamaha River, eight miles north of Hazlehurst, Ga. The festival features arts and crafts, local musicians in concert, lots of food and fun.read more
Three Rivers Paddle
05/12/2017 - 05/14/2017
Join paddlers from across the state for The Three Rivers Paddle and camping trip.
Participants will camp at Towns Bluff Park on the banks of the mighty Altamaha River. Full RV facilities are available along with tent camping under majestic south Georgia pines. The weekend will be spent exploring the natural wonders of three great Georgia rivers - the Ocmulgee, the Oconee and the Altamaha.
Camping space is limited, and a limited amount of camping gear is available from the Ge...read more