"Old Dan Tucker's Grave" is the burial site of Reverend Daniel Tucker who came to Elbert County to take up a land grant and became one of the county's most useful and best know citizens. Besides farming and carrying travelers across the river, Daniel Tucker was probably best known for his role as a Methodist minister who cared very deeply for the slave population. He spent much of his time teaching them and praying with them. The slaves adored him, writing verse after verse about him to show their appreciation for all that he did for them. Their song about "Old Dan Tucker" has become a famous part of American folk music. Rev. Tucker died April 7, 1818.