Old Glynn County Courthouse
Brunswick, GA 31520
After the Hurricane of 1896 damaged the old Glynn County courthouse, county officials in 1897 sought a bond referendum to finance construction of a replacement. Voters, however, turned down the referendum. The 1884 courthouse continued in use until county officials authorized construction of a new courthouse, which was competed in 1907.
The 1907 courthouse was used until 1991, when a new courthouse was completed across the street. Subsequently, Glynn County planned to use the proceeds of a special-purpose local-option sales tax to rehabilitate the 1907 courthouse for use as a meeting hall and offices for the county commission. Plans also called on construction of a plaza connecting the old and new courthouses. Completion of this project, however, has been delayed on several occasions.
Info & Amenities