Built in 1897 to serve Rockdale County, this two-story red brick structure served to house offenders until 1969. The lower floor was the residence for the sheriff and his family, and the upstairs comprised three rooms for prisoners: jailer's room, drunk tank and maximum security. Since 1976 the Rockdale County Historical Society has maintained it as a museum. Museum is open on the first Saturday of every month from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. or by appointment.
Admission & Fees
Admission Fee $0.00
Free Parking, Guided Tours / Guide Available, Parking on Site, Public Restrooms
Near Interstate Highway
Suitable for Ages