The Pettigrew-White-Stamps House is a typical early 1800s dwelling found throughout this area. The house was built in 1833 by John E. Pettigrew. It was built as a one-and-a-half story house with a full attic. In 1840, Benjamin B. White purchased the house and added an additional bedroom, dining room, kitchen and a large verandah across the back of the residence. During the 1880s, the house came into the possession of the Stamps family, who lived there until 1968. This house was originally located on North Church Street and was moved in 1968 to its present location by the Upson Historical Society to save it from demolition. The restored cottage has a real claim to the term "historic," as it is the second-oldest residence in Thomaston. Tours are arranged by the Upson Historical Society by appointment only. Please call 706-646-2437 to make a reservation.
Free Parking, Self-guided Tours
Suitable for Ages