Plum Orchard Mansion
St. Marys, GA 31558
912-882-4336 | 877-860-6787
Plum Orchard is an 1898 Georgian Revival mansion building by Lucy Carnegie for her son, George and his wife, Margaret Thaw. This mansion was donated to the National Park Foundation by the Carnegie family in 1971. The contribution of Plum Orchard helped achieve congressional approval for establishing Cumberland Island National Seashore. Tours to the Plum Orchard Mansion are conducted daily as part of the Lands and Legacies Tours.
The Lands and Legacies Tours leave from Sea Camp after the arrival of the 9:00 AM ferry and the tour lasts all day. Advance reservations are highly encouraged. There is an additional charge for the tour and current rates can be found on the park's web site. Campers may also hike or bike up to Plum Orchard.
Reservations are encouraged and can be made at cumberlandislandferry.com.
Info & Amenities
Admission & Fees
Land & Legacies Tour Fee - Adults $15.00
Land & Legacies Tour Fee - Seniors $12.00
Park Admission Fee $4.00
Guided Tours / Guide Available
Near Interstate Highway
Suitable for Ages