St. Stephen's Episcopal Church

Milledgeville
Historic Heartland

St. Stephen's Episcopal Church

St. Stephen's Episcopal Church

200 S. Wayne St.
Milledgeville, GA 31061

800-653-1804

Website

St. Stephen's Episcopal Church was built in 1841 and consecrated in 1843. A gothic roof now replaces the original flat roof destroyed by the explosion of the nearby arsenal during the Civil War. The walls and ceiling were later covered with beaded boards. Of special interest is the chancel window of Old English glass, a gift from Christ Church in Savannah. The hand-carved chancel furniture was ceated by an early parishioner, Captain John Wilcox. Tours of the church are featured on the Milledgeville Trolley Tour. Call for schedule.

  • Info & Amenities
  • Admission & Fees

    Admission 0.00

    Facility Amenities

    Free Parking, Guided Tours / Guide Available

    General Information

    Family-friendly, Free Admission , Handicapped Accessible

    Group Amenities

    Group-friendly

    Special Tags

    Civil War Site

Close

St. Stephen's Episcopal Church Photos