St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
Milledgeville, GA 31061
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church was built in 1841 and consecrated in 1843. A gothic roof now replaces the original flat roof destroyed by the explosion of the nearby arsenal during the Civil War. The walls and ceiling were later covered with beaded boards. Of special interest is the chancel window of Old English glass, a gift from Christ Church in Savannah. The hand-carved chancel furniture was ceated by an early parishioner, Captain John Wilcox. Tours of the church are featured on the Milledgeville Trolley Tour. Call for schedule.
Info & Amenities
Admission & Fees
Free Parking, Guided Tours / Guide Available
Family-friendly, Free Admission , Handicapped Accessible
Civil War Site