The Mattox House was originally built in 1853 when Dr. Homer Mattox moved his wife and twelve children to the area. The Chamber of
Commerce was awarded a grant to preserve and relocate the house to be used as the office of the Chamber. The home has undergone extensive
restoration and now holds the administrative officers of the chamber and a museum dedicated to the early days of Clinch County.