Located just off U.S. Highway 80 at the end of Tybrisa Street. Great location for fishing and people watching. Besides its spectacular view and great fishing location, it's also a meeting place used for dances, musical performances and special events. On the premises are picnic tables, snack bar, and public restrooms. Various festivals and events held here throughout the year. Open daily. Free admission.
The pavilion can be rented for weddings, family reunions, and other social functions through the Chatham county recreation department at (912) 652-6780.
The original Tybrisa Pavilion stood for three-quarters of a century as a landmark on the South Atlantic Ocean. Built in 1891 by the Central of Georgia Railroad, it became a well-known destination for day-trippers and seasonal visitors during a time when advertisements hailed Tybee as the "Premier South Atlantic Resort." Its open dance floor amid a coastal setting made it a legendary stop on the "Big Band" tour and for five decades of entertainers. Fire destroyed it in 1967.
Led by efforts of the people of Tybee Island, Chatham County built the Tybrisa Pavilion II and dedicated it on the 9th of August 1996. The Tybee Pier and Pavilion have become one of the premier entertainment centers in Chatham County.