Historic Van Wert Methodist Church
Rockmart, GA 30153
Built circa 1846, Van Wert Methodist Church is one of the oldest structures in the county. The Euharlee Valley Historic Society is currently renovating the structure, which was built by Rev. Wm. Wesley Simpson. The Welsh quarrymen used the Church for there Chapel in the early 1860's. The building survived the horrors of the Civil War and the cemetery is the final resting place for the casualties of War. In 1872 the world famous Evangelist, Rev. Sam P. Jones received the Van Wert Circuit as his first charge.
Info & Amenities
Admission & Fees
Reserving for Weddings & Reunion Gatherings $150.00
Parking on Site
Suitable for Ages