The first superintendent of the Georgia Military Institute, Colonel Arnoldus V. Brumby, built this lovely Greek revival-style house in 1851 with the institute adjacent to the house. When Sherman's troops occupied Marietta in 1864, the house was used as a hospital. The institute buildings were burned as the army departed on the "March to the Sea," but the house was spared, as Sherman and Brumby were friends at West Point. It is used as a house museum and special events facility in conjunction with the Hilton Atlanta/ Marietta Hotel & Conference Center.
Admission & Fees
Admission Fee $0.00
Free Parking, Guided Tours / Guide Available, Parking on Site, Party Facilities
Near Interstate Highway
Civil War Site
Suitable for Ages
Adults (18+), Seniors (55+), Teens (13-18), Tweens (9-12)