Geocaching is an outdoor adventure game similar to a treasure hunt played with a GPS device. Locate hidden containers, called geocaches, then share your experiences online.
Steps to the Riverwalk GeoTour:
* Download your RiverWalkGeoTour Grid Sheet
* Obtain a RiverWalk GeoTour Grid Sheet from the Columbus, GA Convention & Visitors Bureau (900 Front Avenue 31901).
* If you are not already registered to geocache, go to www.Geocaching.com, create a log-in and find the GPS coordinates and additional information for the RiverWalk GeoTour locations.
* Start your search and locate one or all caches using a hand-held GPS unit. The cache containers are labeled as a RiverWalk GeoTour geocache. Caches are located in 32 points along the 15-mile Chattahoochee RiverWalk in Columbus.
* When you find a RiverWalk Geo-Tour cache, log your name and any comments on the logbook inside the container. Also, stamp your RiverWalk Geo-Tour Grid Sheet with the stamp within the container. There are six unique geocache series in the RiverWalk GeoTour. Complete each of the series, and you qualify to win a limited edition RiverWalk GeoTour playing card. Present your RiverWalk GeoTour Grid Sheet with the appropriate spaces stamped at the Columbus Convention & Visitors Bureau during regular hours. In addition, complete a specific number of caches to get custom geo-coins.
Hours of Operation
Monday: 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Tuesday: 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Wednesday: 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Thursday: 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Friday: 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Saturday: 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Admission & Fees
Admission Fee $0.00
Bus / Motorcoach Parking on Site, Free Parking, Maps & Brochures Available, Parking on Site, Picnic Area, Picnic Shelter, Public Restrooms, Self-guided Tours
Family-friendly, Free Admission , Handicapped Accessible (Limited) , Open Year 'Round, Pets Accepted
Near Interstate Highway
Bicycle, Canoe / Kayak
Suitable for Ages
Adults (18+), Adults (21+), All Ages, Kids (5-8), Seniors (55+), Teens (13-18), Toddlers (up to 5), Tweens (9-12)