Athens High and Industrial School
Constructed in 1913 as the Reese Street School, the school was later renamed Athens Industrial and certified by the state in 1919 as Georgia's first four-year African-American high school. The building was modern for its time, equipped with steam heat. Athens Industrial later moved to a new location and underwent a name change as well; the original building was sold. The Athens Community Career Academy is now housed in the former Athens High and Industrial School.