Chestnut Grove School
Constructed by Athens' African-American community in 1896, it is one of the few remaining, single-room schoolhouses in Georgia. It was also used for social gatherings at holidays and for picnics during the summer months. The school house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 28, 1984. Tours are available by appointment only.
|Suitable for Ages||