Historic Oakland Cemetery
- Self Guided Tours - Maps at Visitors Center & Museum Shop: $5
- Guided Tours - Adults: $12
- Guided Tours - Students with ID: $6
- Guided Tours - Seniors (65+): $6
- Guided Tours - Families (2 adults, 2 children): $28
- Foundation Members: $0.00
- Other Tours: $See Website
Hours of Operation
- Saturday : 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday : 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Monday : 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday : 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday : 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday : 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday : 9:00am - 5:00pm
Oakland Cemetery is an 48-acre park and historic site in southeast Atlanta that contains the city's oldest extant burial grounds. Among the 70,000 interred at Oakland are the unmarked graves of paupers, Civil War soldiers, a Jewish section, an African-American section, 27 former Atlanta mayors, six former governors, and prominent Atlantans, including "Gone With The Wind" author Margaret Mitchell Marsh and golf great Bobby Jones.
Oakland is more than an outstanding example of a Victorian garden cemetery. It is also a magnificent sculpture gallery, botanical garden, public park, and picturesque setting for quiet reflection.
Historic Oakland Cemetery is open from dawn until dusk 365 days a year. Spend an hour or a day walking the grounds with a self-guided tour map or one of our mobile phone tour apps. If you are here on the weekend, join one of our guided walking tours. Private group and school tours are available by reservation. Maps and tickets are for sale in the Visitors Center, located in the Bell Tower. Visit our website to plan your trip today!
|Near Interstate Highway||
|Suitable for Ages||