School & Group NightCrawler Overnight
Programs feature interactive activities, Zoo tours, and opportunities to learn more about wildlife and wild places. Learn how we are connected to animals and find out what Zoo Atlanta is doing to help save species around the world.
Participants will spend the majority of the evening outdoors walking around the Zoo and will sleep in indoor, climate-controlled rooms with sleeping bags brought from home. Continental breakfast catered by Proof of the Pudding is provided, as well as a light evening snack.
Stay and enjoy the Zoo the following day after breakfast and morning activities! Meet some of Zoo Atlanta’s animals up-close by registering your group for an encounter with an Ambassador Animal for an additional fee. This encounter includes an exclusive talk with a Zoo Atlanta educator and a visit with two to three small animals who live at Zoo Atlanta. Note: We cannot accommodate specific animal requests for the encounter.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT DURING A NIGHTCRAWLER?
- Rain or shine. This program happens rain or shine, and much of the program is outside. Please plan for the weather and dress accordingly.
- The Zoo is made for walking! Most of this experience is spent walking around the Zoo, and many of the areas that we visit are not wheelchair accessible. Plan to spend up to 5 hours on your feet touring the Zoo and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Come with a full belly. While we will take a break for a snack in the middle of the evening, please eat dinner before you arrive. And remember to bring your water bottle with you.
- Embrace the dark. It’s called a NightCrawler for a reason. Explore the Zoo by the light of the moon and our educators’ red-light flashlights. Guests may only use flashlights at bedtime.
- Rustic camping meets the Zoo. All sleeping locations are in climate-controlled buildings with a restroom either in the building or nearby.
- Stay awhile. At the completion of your program the following morning, you are welcome to stay and enjoy the Zoo at your leisure.
- Have FUN! This unique experience is unlike anything that you can do in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you for an upcoming program!
TIME(S): 6 p.m. until 9:30 a.m. the next morning
AGE RANGE: 6+
|Near Interstate Highway||
|Suitable for Ages||