School & Group NightCrawler Overnight
- Cost: $89.00
With over 1,000 animals in our care, representing over 220 different species, animals eat a lot, and they eat very diverse diets. From the tiny dart frog to the enormous elephant and every animal in between, Zoo Atlanta has a lot of mouths to feed and diets to accommodate. Spend a night at the Zoo learning about the diversity of animals from around the world, what they eat, how they eat, how we care for them, and how we are connected to them in the wild. Participants will explore the Zoo at night by the light of the moon, take part in engaging activities, visit the Animal Nutrition Kitchen, and learn what Zoo Atlanta is doing to help wildlife and wild places around the globe.
Participants will spend the majority of the evening within the Zoo and will sleep in indoor, climate-controlled rooms. A light evening snack and continental breakfast catered by Proof of the Pudding are provided. Stay and enjoy the Zoo the following day after breakfast and morning activities.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT DURING A NIGHTCRAWLER?
- Rain or shine. This program happens rain or shine, and much of the program is outside. Please plan for the weather and dress accordingly.
- The Zoo is made for walking! Most of this experience is spent walking around the Zoo, and many of the areas that we visit are not wheelchair accessible. Plan to spend up to 5 hours on your feet touring the Zoo and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Come with a full belly. While we will take a break for a snack in the middle of the evening, please eat dinner before you arrive. And remember to bring your water bottle with you.
- Embrace the dark. It’s called a NightCrawler for a reason. Explore the Zoo by the light of the moon and our educators’ red-light flashlights. Guests may only use flashlights at bedtime.
- Rustic camping meets the Zoo. All sleeping locations are in climate-controlled buildings with a restroom either in the building or nearby. We provide sleeping mats for your convenience, and you should anticipate a firmer night’s sleep than you may be accustomed to.
- Stay awhile. At the completion of your program the following morning, you are welcome to stay and enjoy the Zoo at your leisure.
- Have FUN! This unique experience is unlike anything that you can do in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you for an upcoming program!
|Near Interstate Highway||
|Suitable for Ages||