School & Group NightCrawler Overnight
- Per Group: $100.00
Embark on a nocturnal adventure you won’t soon forget!
When the last guest leaves for the day, we invite you to stay! Come find out what really happens when the sun goes down. Which animals stay up late and how do others settle down for the night? And in the morning, how do animals greet the day? Join us as we explore these questions and more on an overnight adventure designed for schools, Scouts, and other groups.
Participants will spend the majority of the evening outdoors walking around the Zoo with an Educator as their guide, stopping along the way to observe the nocturnal behaviors of the animals that call the Zoo home. During the evening, participants will have the opportunity to use night vision scopes and engage in fun activities. Using red lights, you can investigate Scaly Slimy Spectacular to gain insight into the lives of snakes, frogs, lizards, and turtles. After an evening of exploration, participants will sleep in indoor, climate-controlled rooms with sleeping bags brought from home. And then rise and shine for more fun! Enjoy a catered breakfast from Proof of the Pudding followed by morning activities and more visits to see how animals start their day.
If you are looking for additional opportunities to connect with wildlife up close, you can register your group for an Animal Encounter for an additional fee. This encounter includes an exclusive talk with a Zoo Educator and a visit with two to three small animal ambassadors. Note: We cannot accommodate specific animal requests for the encounter.
Participating groups are invited to stay and enjoy the Zoo at the completion of your program!
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT DURING A NIGHTCRAWLER?
- Rain or shine. This program happens rain or shine, and much of the program is outside. Please plan for the weather and dress accordingly.
- The Zoo is made for walking! Most of this experience is spent walking around the Zoo, and many of the areas that we visit are not wheelchair accessible. Plan to spend up to 5 hours on your feet touring the Zoo and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Come with a full belly. While we will take a break for a snack in the middle of the evening, please eat dinner before you arrive. And remember to bring your water bottle with you.
- Embrace the dark. It’s called a NightCrawler for a reason. Explore the Zoo by the light of the moon and our educators’ red-light flashlights. Guests may only use flashlights at bedtime.
- Rustic camping meets the Zoo. All sleeping locations are in climate-controlled buildings with a restroom either in the building or nearby.
- Stay awhile. At the completion of your program the following morning, you are welcome to stay and enjoy the Zoo at your leisure.
- Have FUN! This unique experience is unlike anything that you can do in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you for an upcoming program!
|Near Interstate Highway
|Suitable for Ages