Augusta Canal National Heritage Area
- Petersburg Boat 1-hour guided tour: $14.00
- Petersburg Boat 3-hour guided tour: $25.00
- Canal Discovery Center: $6.00
- Lockkeepper's Cottage Welcome Center: $0.00
- Trails: $0.00
Hours of Operation
- Tuesday : 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday : 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Thursday : 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Friday : 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Saturday : 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Sunday : 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Explore Augusta Canal National Heritage Area on guided tours aboard replica canal boats departing daily from the Augusta Canal Discovery Center. Well-informed guides narrate the open-air trips. Tickets include admission to the Discovery Center housed in a 19th Century textile mill. Learn the 160+ year history of the Augusta Canal via interactive exhibits and award-winning movie. Voted Augusta's Best Tourist Attraction.
Walk, bike, canoe or kayak through the Augusta Canal National Heritage area beginning at the headgates. The 11.5-mile historic canal takes you past natural and urban landscapes. Wildlife viewing, picnics, fishing, nature and history hikes on the towpath are popular with locals and visitors alike. The headgate area at Savannah Rapids Park includes restored caretaker's cottage, old-time dance pavilion and more.
Hours vary by season. Check website for hours for each season.
|Near Interstate Highway||
|Suitable for Ages||