Hole 5 at Great Waters Golf Course in Eatonton, Georgia
10 Courses to Golf in Georgia's Lake Country
With The Masters quickly approaching, golf is on everyone’s mind. Georgia's Lake Country is home to 10 golf courses, and each one offers a unique experience to the golf enthusiast.
1. The Preserve Golf Course at Reynolds Lake Oconee in Greensboro was designed by noted architect Bob Cupp, along with U.S. Open Champions Fuzzy Zoeller and Hubert Green.
2. Reynolds Landing in Greensboro was the original course built at Lake Oconee and boasts 18 championship holes also designed by Bob Cupp. Golfweek and The Atlanta Journal have ranked this course “Best in State.”
3. Great Waters in Eatonton is a Jack Nicklaus Signature course that introduced the Golden Bear’s design work to Lake Oconee in 1992. Consistently ranked among the Top 100 courses in the nation, Great Waters earned the distinction from LINKS Magazine as one of the “10 most significant and influential courses of the past two decades.”
4. The National in Greensboro was designed by Tom Fazio and freshly renovated in the spring of 2014. This course offers 27 holes, including water views.
5. The Oconee in Greensboro is defined by a dramatic routing along the Lake Oconee shoreline. This Rees Jones design is a true risk/reward layout.
6. Harbor Club in Greensboro was the first design for award-winning architects Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish built east of the Mississippi. It was named third Best Course of 2016 by Golfweek.
7. The Creek at Hard Labor in Rutledge is one of the State of Georgia’s public courses and offers a natural design without houses or human encroachments.
8. Uncle Remus Golf Course in Eatonton is a nine-hole public course and was designed by Bubba Ellis.
9. The Little Fishing Creek Golf Course in Milledgeville was designed by Gary Player and features 6,700 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72.
10. The course at The Club at Lake Sinclair was designed by George Cobb, the infamous designer of the par 3 course at Augusta National.
For more information, visit galakecountry.com.