The Old Mill in Cedartown
This structure was built by slave labor in 1848 for Asa Prior, who came to Polk County in 1837. Originally used as a mill, the structure was operated as a restaurant by Mr. and Mrs. Stephens from 1960- 1991. The old mill was purchased in 1997 by Jim and Ann Madden and now serves as their residence. The mill operated for almost 100-years grinding corn and wheat until 1945. As settlers brought their crops to be milled, which took a great part of the day, the mill became the gathering place of Cedar Valley. This site was also used as the set for the 1984 TV movie "The Baron and the Kid" starring Johnny Cash and Richard Roundtree.
|Near Interstate Highway