Located on the south side of Cobb County, Georgia, the Mableton community includes over 30,000 residents and 20 square miles.
Mableton was named after Robert Mable, who purchased 300 acres of land in the area on September 11, 1843. In 1881, the Southern Railway opened a train station in Mableton and one year later, a post office opened. The City of Mableton was incorporated on August 19, 1912, and four short years later the city was disincorporated.
Mableton continues to gain popularity due to its proximity to Interstate 285, Vinings, Buckhead, and Downtown Atlanta.