White County Historical Museum
The brick White County Courthouse was constructed betwen 1859 and 1860. According to oral traditon, the bricks of the courthouse were molded and fired somewhere near Mt. Yonah by black slaves.
The restored historic courthouse in the center of town houses a local history museum with exhibits of local clay pottery as well as other artifacts of living in the Northeast Georgia mountains in the past. There is also a record room where genealogists can do research.
|Suitable for Ages||