Cumberland Island National Seashore Camping
- Entrance Fee: $7.00
- Ferry Fee- youth, senior and adult rates vary: $18-28
- Stafford Beach Campground and Wilderness Camping Fee per person: $2.00
- Sea Camp Campground Camping Fee per person: $4.00
Hours of Operation
- Monday : 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Tuesday : 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Wednesday : 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Thursday : 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Friday : 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Saturday : 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Sunday : 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Developed and wilderness camping is available at the Cumberland Island National Seashore. Permits are required, and sites are assigned at the Sea Camp Ranger Station. Camping is limited to seven days. Spring and late fall are peak seasons.
There are no facilities at the wilderness sites, and water must be treated. Campfires are not permitted in the wilderness. Wilderness sites: Hickory Hill: 5.5 miles from Sea Camp, Yankee Paradise: 7.5 miles from Sea Camp, Brickhill Bluff: 10.5 miles from Sea Camp. Wheeled devices not allowed in wilderness.
The campground at Sea Camp has restroom facilities with cold water showers and boardwalk access to the beach. This campground has individual and group sites. Group sites can accommodate 10-20 people. Each site has a grill, fire ring, food cage and picnic table.
Backcountry camping at Stafford is located 3.5 miles from the Sea Camp Ranger Station. Restrooms, showers and fire rings are available. Fire rings are on a first-come, first-serve basis.