Riverbend Park & Primitive Camping
- Overnight Primtive Camping: $5
Hours of Operation
- Monday : 12:00am - 12:00am
- Tuesday : 12:00am - 12:00am
- Wednesday : 12:00am - 12:00am
- Thursday : 12:00am - 12:00am
- Friday : 12:00am - 12:00am
- Saturday : 12:00am - 12:00am
- Sunday : 12:00am - 12:00am
Riverbend Park is a public access facility on the shores of Lake Walter F. George. The habitat consists of open water mixed on the north side with small vegetated islands. The uplands are forested with mixed pines and hardwoods.
This is a great place to picnic, watch birds, launch a boat or canoe, and watch wildlife from the water. Types of birds and bird nesting seasons: songbirds (all), warblers (spring and fall), waterfowl (winter), wading birds (spring through fall), and woodpeckers (all). Interesting birds: Canadian geese, ring tailed gulls, and yellow rumped warbler. A spotting scope is a must to observe gulls, waterfowl and wading birds.
Use of boat ramp: $2.00 (Year-round pass: $25.00 per year). Senior citizen discount (over 55): $12.50 per year. Overnight (primitive) camping: $5.00.
|Suitable for Ages||