Old Carnegie Library
The building currently used by the Randolph County Chamber of Commerce is one of only a few original Carnegie Library buildings left in the State of Georgia. In 1913, the Woman's Club in Cuthbert recognized the need for a library in the town. After many fundraisers including oyster suppers, turkey dinners, ice cream festivals and a womanless wedding, funds were raised to build the Carnegie Library. The first brick was laid Oct. 17, 1917, and by Sept. 5, 1918, the building was dedicated with a special reception. For many years, the Cuthbert Woman's Club continued to meet in the community room in the library basement. The Carnegie Library continued to serve the needs of the Randolph County community until 1997 when a new library was built on the Cuthbert Square. At that time, the Southwest Quarter Chattahoochee Regional Chamber of Commerce moved into the building, later becoming the Randolph County Chamber of Commerce.
|Suitable for Ages||