Historic Downtown Dublin Walking Tour
314 Academy Ave.
Dublin GA 31021
- General Admission: $0.00
Hours of Operation
- Monday : All Day
- Tuesday : All Day
- Wednesday : All Day
- Thursday : All Day
- Friday : All Day
- Saturday : All Day
- Sunday : All Day
History & Architecture
Downtown Dublin Walking Tour is a downtown walking tour that includes a dynamic look at more than 70 historic landmarks, sites and buildings in Dublin’s city center. Featuring a collection of historic photography of each location, this tour gives visitors an in-depth look at the history and culture that shaped the history and architecture in Dublin.
From the location of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s first speech to a look at a revitalized Civil War era home, Downtown Dublin offers a wealth of history, art, and architecture.
A few of the highlights:
- First African Baptist Church where a young Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. made his first public speech.
- First National Bank, Dublin’s “skyscraper,” home to Georgia Military College.
- Old City Cemetery where Civil War history rests.
- Fred Roberts where Art Deco-era architecture melds with modern imagination.
- Old Post Office defines excellence in historic preservation and technology.
|Near Interstate Highway||
|Suitable for Ages||