Original Stuckey's Store & Factory
In 1937, W. S. Stuckey opened his first roadside stand in Eastman to sell pecans to tourists. In 1948, Stuckey constructed the first Stuckey's candy plant in Eastman to allow larger production of his sweet treats.
Stuckey was a marketing genius and used family appeal, broad advertising to motorists, one-stop shopping, and mail-order candy to promote Stuckey's. Stuckey's candy is currently available for purchase online.
Today, a historical marker stands at the spot where the original Stuckey's road stand and factory sold and produced the Stuckey's legendary candy. The factory has been renovated, renamed Southside Market and is now home to more than 100 antique, art, artifacts and crafts vendors. Tour Southside Market to taste a bit of history.
|Suitable for Ages||