Elbert Theatre

Location

100 S. Oliver St.
Elberton GA 30635

Rates

  • Tickets: $Call for Pricing or See Website
Elbert Theatre
Main Floor
Related Categories:

The Elbert Theatre opened on February 23, 1940, as the most advanced movie theatre in Northeast Georgia. Built by Lucas and Jenkins, the original theatre featured the best in modern conveniences for its time. For nearly 30 years, the theater served as Elberton's gateway to the world of motion pictures, a regular entertainment spot for local residents. Fire destroyed the roof of the theatre on August 8, 1950. Within 16 weeks, local volunteers managed to rebuild the roof and clean up the theatre.

In 1967, the theatre was leased by Elbert County Youth, Inc. and was transformed into the TAHO Club, a local teen center. In 1989, the City of Elberton purchased the building. By 1997, city leaders and residents realized that the time had come to renovate the facility and make it a functional element of the community. After four years of fund raising and renovations, the Elbert Theatre reopened for use as a performing arts facility in 2001. Since its grand re-opening, it has been the home of local theatrical performances and concerts.

Amenities
Facility Amenities
  • Free Parking
  • Parking on Site
  • Concessions
  • Public Restrooms
Special Tags
  • Film
Suitable for Ages
  • All Ages
Group Amenities
  • Group-Friendly
General Information
  • Family-Friendly