Hills & Dales Estate
- House & Garden ticket - Adults: $20
- House & Garden Ticket - Students: $8
- House & Garden Ticket - Seniors & Military: $18
Hours of Operation
- Tuesday : 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday : 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday : 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday : 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday : 10:00am - 5:00pm
This historic estate was the home of textile magnate Fuller E. Callaway, Sr. and his family. The property features the historic Ferrell Gardens, which are one of the best preserved 19th century gardens in America. The gardens were created by Sarah Ferrell between 1841 and 1903 and include extensive boxwood plantings, fountains, a herb garden and a greenhouse.
The centerpiece of the 35-acre estate is a beautiful Italian villa designed by the noted architects Neel Reid and Hal Hentz, which was completed in 1916. A major restoration of the house was completed in April 2010, and all three floors of the home are open for guided tours.
The visitor center features museum exhibits, a 14-minute orientation film and a gift shop. A children's guide featuring Earle the Squirrel is available and includes Earle's Great Hunt, for which children can earn a prize for completing.
Check website for seasonal hours.
|Near Interstate Highway||
|Suitable for Ages||