Brumby Hall & Gardens

Location

500 Powder Springs St.
Marietta GA 30064

Rates

  • Rentals: $Call or See Website

The first superintendent of the Georgia Military Institute, Colonel Arnoldus V. Brumby, built this lovely Greek revival-style house in 1851 with the institute adjacent to the house. When Sherman's troops occupied Marietta in 1864, the house was used as a hospital. The institute buildings were burned as the army departed on the "March to the Sea," but the house was spared, as Sherman and Brumby were friends at West Point. It is used as a house museum and special events facility in conjunction with the Hilton Atlanta/ Marietta Hotel & Conference Center.

Amenities
Facility Amenities
  • Free Parking
  • Parking on Site
  • Meeting Facilities
  • Party Facilities
  • Public Restrooms
Near Interstate Highway
  • 75
Special Tags
  • Civil War Site
Suitable for Ages
  • All Ages
  • Seniors (55+)
  • Teens (13-18)
Group Amenities
  • Group-Friendly
General Information
  • Family-Friendly