The Stetson-Sanford House was built in 1825 in the "Milledgeville Federal" style by local architect John Marlor. The house features a Palladian double portico and original pilasters. Fanlights have a spread eagle and dogwood blossoms ornamenting the lead dividers. A cantilevered oval spiral stair dominates the central hall and hand-grained woodwork remains in the parlor. The house is open by appointment or via the Milledgeville Trolley Tour.
|Suitable for Ages||