Heritage Hall at Georgia College
Heritage Hall is home of Georgia College's special collections, the Usery Leadership Gallery, and the Pat Peterson Museum Education Room branches off into distinct areas. The Special Collections Galleries, include:
- The Flannery O’Connor Gallery of Southern Literary Works.
- The Golden Slipper Award—created by the Georgia College Student Government Association as a way for first-year students to connect with upperclassmen.
- Journalist and lobbyist Julia Flisch, who pushed to establish Georgia College.
- Pulitzer Prize winner and author Alice Walker.
- Exhibits of history and culture including:
- Podcasts of local veterans, students, community members regarding the Vietnam War.
- Medals and memorabilia of Vietnam War veterans.
- The W.J. Usery Jr. Leadership Gallery, featuring community leaders such as Georgia’s First Lady, Foundation Board member Sandra Dunagan Deal, '64, '66, past State Senator Col. Floyd Griffin Jr. and former U.S. Senator Paul Coverdell.
|Suitable for Ages||