Henri’s Bakery & Cafe
Henri’s Bakery was established in 1929 by Henri Fiscus at the corner of 10th and Peachtree Streets. Henri was born in France to French and German parents. He came to the United States in 1921 after WWI, working in restaurants in New York and Rhode Island before arriving in Atlanta as the opening pastry chef of the Biltmore Hotel. Six years later, his passion for creating gourmet baked goods and for serving others led him to purchase a French bakery. The bakery continued to flourish and was named one of the 10 best bakeries in the world by W Magazine in 1976. In 1984, a second location of Henri’s opened in Sandy Springs.
|Near Interstate Highway||