The 2019 Georgia Farm Passport is your ticket to a world of farm adventures this year.
Visit Farms and Earn Prizes with the Georgia Farm Passport
The first-ever Georgia Farm Passport is here! This passport produced by the Georgia Farm Bureau guides travelers to farms around the state that invite them to visit.
Passport travelers will discover where their food comes from, meet the people who grow it and see firsthand how diverse agriculture is across the state! With each visit, travelers can get stamps in their passports, and they can earn prizes. The love of exploring Georgia, supporting local farms and eating fresh is lived out when traveling with this passport, and the fun of competing for the most stamps adds an exciting element.
What to expect
There are 67 farms listed in the passport. All of the farms listed are a part of the Georgia Farm Bureau Certified Farm Market program, which means they have been verified to grow a majority of what they sell, and what they grow is sold at a market on their farm or they allow people to set up a farm tour. The farms range from u-pick strawberry patches to farms that grow a variety of goods.
As marked in the passport, some farms have corn mazes and farm games, offer educational opportunities or host special events. Travelers can start a family tradition, make new friends, enjoy fruit or vegetables picked directly from the tree or field, or simply enjoy freshly made ice cream while relaxing in a rocking chair looking out over fields of green.
How it works
Passports can be picked up at any participating farm found at gfb.ag/farmpassport or at any local county Farm Bureau office. As you visit participating farms, ask the farmer to stamp your passport. The more stamps you receive, the more prizes you will earn! The deadline to submit your passport for prizes is January 10, 2020.
- Simply mailing in a passport with at least one stamp will be entered to win a $100 value basket of favorite products from Certified Farm Markets.
- Once a person gets five stamps, they earn a commemorative T-shirt.
- With 10 stamps, travelers will earn a Georgia Farm Bureau insulated tumbler.
- With 15 stamps, travelers will earn a $15 gift certificate to the Certified Farm Market of choice.
- Those who earn 20 stamps, which is 100% obtainable but takes intentionality, will receive a full-access-pass farm tour with a farm-to-table meal in spring 2020.
The prizes build on one another, so people can receive multiple prizes depending on their number of stamps.
Things to keep in mind
- There is a limited number of passports, so don’t wait to get yours! One passport is allowed per person. One stamp is allowed per farm per person.
- No two farms are alike, but one thing they all have in common: they are at the mercy of the weather, so make sure to call or check their website before you visit.
- As you visit, share your journey with #farmpassport and #gafarmbureau.
- Please be kind and make a purchase when you visit. Remember that these farms are the farmers' livelihoods.
Email questions to email@example.com.