Auchumpkee Creek Covered Bridge
- Auchumpkee Creek Covered Bridge: $0.00
Hours of Operation
- Monday : 12:00am - 12:00am
- Tuesday : 12:00am - 12:00am
- Wednesday : 12:00am - 12:00am
- Thursday : 12:00am - 12:00am
- Friday : 12:00am - 12:00am
- Saturday : 12:00am - 12:00am
- Sunday : 12:00am - 12:00am
The bridge was built by local bridge builder Dr. J. W. Herring and his company, Herring and Alford. The bridge has been rebuilt/restored twice, the first time in 1985. In the summer of 1994, not long after its 100th birthday, the bridge was washed out by local flooding. In 1997, GDOT rebuilt the bridge from the ground up. The bridge is not open to traffic.
Maps and brochures for the Auchumpkee Creek Covered Bridge are available at the Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center.
|Suitable for Ages||