Built in 1898 by U.S. Sen. William Stanley West, Crescent House is Valdosta's best-known landmark. The house gets its name from the circular veranda with 13 massive columns, each representing 13 original American colonies. It has beautiful test gardens, an octagon-shaped schoolhouse and a quaint chapel. Saved from demolition, in 1951 it became the home of Valdosta's garden clubs.
|Suitable for Ages||