The City of Colbert was first chartered as Five Forks in 1899. The roads from Diamond Hill, Danielsville, Comer, Crawford and Athens came together at a point near where the traffic signal is now located. The name of Five Forks was changed to Colbert in 1909 in honor of the Colbert Family, one of the early residents. The railroad was built thru Five Forks in 1891. The depot was constructed in 1892 and now serves as the Colbert City Hall. Up until the 1950's, cotton was king in the area. In 1970 the Colbert July 4th celebration and barbeque began. This year (2013) we will observe our 44th annual event. Red Cannas have been our official flower since the 1960's.
Visitor Information Center
Colbert, GA 30628
Free Georgia Travel Guide
The state's official Travel Guide is your complete resource to planning a vacation in Georgia. Find trip ideas, attractions, dining, events, activities, accommodations, map, travel resources and much more.
Phone: 1-800-VISIT GA (847-4842)
The dining information on this page is supplied by the Georgia Restaurant Association.