The center point of the city of Crawford is the historic train depot (currently under restoration), which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is one of the last remaining stone depots built by the Georgia Railroad. This historic train depot serves as the Oglethorpe County Chamber of Commerce office and local welcome center.
The adjacent park is a gathering place for residents from all over the county. There are several historic houses in the downtown area that lend the city an historic air despite the commercial growth here. The historic Crawford Schoolhouse is nearby and is being renovated by Arts Oglethorpe into a performing and visual arts venue. Near the center of town is Bryan Park, which features recreational facilities such as ball fields, tennis courts, a pond and nature trails.
Visitor Information Center
1158 Athens Road
Crawford, GA 30630
The dining information on this page is supplied by the Georgia Restaurant Association.