Plum Orchard is an 1898 Georgian Revival mansion building by Lucy Carnegie for her son, George and his wife, Margaret Thaw. This mansion was donated to the National Park Foundation by the Carnegie family in 1971. The contribution of Plum Orchard helped achieve congressional approval for establishing Cumberland Island National Seashore.
Tours to the Plum Orchard Mansion are conducted the second and fourth Sunday of each month. Access to Plum Orchard is by ferry, departing the Sea Camp dock at 12:45 p.m. and returning to Sea Camp at 4:15 p.m. The cost of the additional ferry trip to Plum Orchard is $6 per person. Campers may also hike up to Plum Orchard and join the ranger there at 1:30 p.m.
- Info & Amenities
Admission & Fees