The Ragsdale Mill was built during the War Between the States and began operation around November 1863. Its millstones were made in France and brought into Savannah by a blockade runner to bypass the U.S. Navy guarding the port, and then transported from the coast during wartime. The Ragsdale Mill is located on Mt. Olivet Road. Mt. Olivet Road is north of Homer along U.S. 441 and off Ga. Hwy. 51 N.