The Historic Savannah - Ogeechee Barge Canal is one of the prime relics in the history of southern canals. Beginning with the tidal lock at the Savannah River, the waterway continues through four lift locks as is traverses 16 1/2 miles, before reaching another tidal lock at the Ogeechee River.
- A museum & nature center featuring information and exhibits on Canal history, archeology, birding, and local attractions.
- Over 2 miles of hiking trails from the SO Canal Museum and Nature Center to the Ogeechee River. Trails include historic canal towpath and Locks, a river trail, Georgia wetland walks along boardwalks and Sandhill/Pine forest trails.
- Inclusion on the Coastal Birding Trail and Birding Opportunities.
- Hiking trail from Tom Triplett Park to the SO Canal near Lock 3.
- Guided Tours and Special Events
- Pavilion Rental and Picnic Facilities
- Volunteer Opportunities