Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church
The chapel began as the Bank of St. Marys in 1840, however, after seven years the bank failed. Mrs. Marie Ponce Defour and her husband, Lewis, purchased the chapel for their church. Many parishioners were Acadians who came from Nova Scotia seeking religious freedom. A bell tower was added to the building, and the chapel was used until 1957 when a new, much larger church was built. This building is also believed to be the oldest standing masonary bank building in the State of Georgia.
|Near Interstate Highway||
|Suitable for Ages||