Chatsworth Depot, located adjacent to the Wright Hotel, was built in the early 1900s. It contained two waiting rooms, an agent's office, an express and baggage room, and a freight room. In 1904, the Louisville and Nashville railroad system ran from Cincinnati, Ohio to Etowah, Tennessee. In order to complete a direct line to Atlanta, the L&N railroad system began laying tracks from Etowah south. In 1905, tracks were laid through Murray County. The railroad employed many Murray County residents, and trains would stop daily to transport residents who were traveling to and from Cartersville and other points. President Roosevelt once spent a night in his private car at the depot on his way to Warm Springs for polio therapy.
The restored Chatsworth Depot houses railroad memorabilia and a museum about the local talc industry. Moved from its original location by the tracks, the depot is part of the Chatsworth Downtown Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places. Open the second Saturday of the month or by appointment.