Jimmy Carter Boyhood Farm


402 Old Plains Hwy.
Plains GA 31780


  • Free

Hours of Operation

  • Saturday : 10:00am - 4:00pm
  • Sunday : 11:30am - 4:00pm
The vegetable garden at the Jimmy Carter Boyhood Farm
The Boyhood Home of Jimmy Carter
The Clark House, Farm Bell and Cane Press at the Jimmy Carter Boyhood Farm
The Farm Store and Windmill at the Jimmy Carter Boyhood Farm

The Jimmy Carter Boyhood Farm was owned by Earl Carter, Jimmy's father, from 1928 until 1949. Jimmy Carter lived here from the age of 4 until he departed for college in 1941. The farm was restored to its appearance before electricity was installed in 1938, and is part of the Jimmy Carter National Historic Site. As you stroll along the walking path, be sure to stop and read the wayside exhibits at various locations. Also, push the buttons on the audio stations to listen to Jimmy Carter share stories about his childhood. Visitors to the site will be able to walk around Jimmy Carter's childhood home, Earl Carter's commissary, a tenant house occupied by the Clark's, and various other buildings.

Every Saturday and Sunday, staff-led guided tours of the property are offered beginning at 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. There are also blacksmithing demonstrations held every Saturday from 1:30 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. and boiled peanut demonstrations every Sunday at the same time.

Facility Amenities
  • Free Parking
  • Parking on Site
  • Picnic Area
  • Public Restrooms
  • Self-guided Tours
  • Maps & Brochures Available
Near Interstate Highway
  • 75
  • 85
Suitable for Ages
  • All Ages
Group Amenities
  • Group-Friendly
General Information
  • Family-Friendly
  • Free Admission
  • Accessible
  • Pet-Friendly
Scroll To Top